LOCAL STUDENT INFORMATION
Step 1: Enquiry, Application Process and Entry
The first step is to express interest, and to ask questions! https://www.aftt.edu.au/contact-us/enquiry-form
Our Student Admissions (SA) team are available to guide and issue current and accurate information that enables you to make informed decisions about undertaking training with AFTT.
Entry into AFTT is based on:
• A completed application form (available electronically on the website or hard copy from SA);
• An interview and/or an audition (audition required for acting only); and
• Minimum age of 18 at course commencement.
Applicants seeking placement at AFTT must have proficiency in English and have satisfactorily completed:
• Year 12 in the Australian school system, OR
• Equivalent with a Senior Secondary Certificate pass in General English, OR
• A similar Qualification:
• Certificate III (or above) – for Diploma applicants, OR
• Certificate IV (or above) – for Bachelor program applicants, OR
• Diploma – for Advanced Diploma applicants; OR
• Be Over 21 years of age
*If you do not hold an HSC certificate or Year 12 equivalent, please contact the Student Admissions team to discuss entry alternatives.
International applicants must also be able to provide:
• Proof of English proficiency:
o For Film and Theatre Production applicants: Academic IELTS score of 5.5 with no band below 5.0, or equivalent.
o For Acting applicants: Academic IELTS band score of 6.0 with no band below 5.5 , or equivalent.
*International students are advised to refer to the International prospectus and contact the AFTT International Admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Step 2: Interview
Once the application has been received, AFTT’s Student Admissions Team will arrange a suitable interview or audition time.
The interview helps us get to know more about you, your career objectives, expectations of the course, and your suitability to undertake the course offerings *
Step 3: Audition (Industry focus area of Acting only)
Acting applicants are required to attend an audition to demonstrate your aptitude for the course.
You will receive an AFTT Audition Booklet to assist preparation *
* For regional or interstate applicants unable to attend in person, interviews can be held over the phone or Skype, and auditions can be submitted directly to the Student Admissions Team via post (DVD, USB), online (YouTube, Vimeo etc.) or conducted via Skype
Step 4: Letter of Offer and Acceptance
Following the interview/audition, you will be notified of the outcome and if successful, issued a Letter of Offer for you to accept!
Step 5: Enrolment Process
Upon return of your acceptance and enrolment form, the Student Admissions Team will begin processing your enrolment and getting you ready for Day 1!
Step 6: Start studying at AFTT!
Internationals are encouraged to speak with our International Department in regard to additional steps for Visa processing and planning the move to Sydney, Australia!