This scholarship aims to support students facing adversity to complete their Diploma at AFTT.
Priority is given to applicants who are able to demonstrate multiple educational barriers in addition to financial hardship via the scholarship application. These educational barriers include:
- Low socio-economic status;
- Regional or remote background;
- Sole parent responsibilities;
- Carer responsibilities;
- Long-term medical condition/disability;
- Ongoing effect of abuse;
- Cultural diversity (non-English speaking background);
- Refugee status.
a. Applicants must have been through the enrolment process and been offered a position within in one of AFTT’s courses in either Acting, Film, or Theatre Production, and must meet all of AFTT’s enrolment requirements;
b. be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or Humanitarian visa holder, living in NSW
c. Applicants must meet the criteria for low socio-economic status by demonstrating one of the following:
- Receiving or expecting to receive a Centrelink means-tested income support payment (such as ABSTUDY, Disability Support Pension, Parenting Payment Single, Carer Payment etc.)
- Provide evidence of exceptional financial hardship
- Dependent students aged between 18–20 years whose parent/guardian was in receipt of Family Tax Benefit (FTB) Part A for them in the year to commencing their studies with AFTT.
d. supply a letter of support from your teacher, careers advisor, principal, social worker, medical practitioner (or similar)
Terms and conditions
a. This scholarship was established in 2020 to provide assistance to students facing adversity.
a. Applicants must be applying for or are currently enrolled in a Diploma offered by AFTT in either Acting, Film, or Theatre Production and must meet all of AFTT’s entry requirements;
b. Demonstrate how you have faced diversity;
c. Applicants must not have completed an equivalent Diploma (in VET or Higher Ed) at the time of application;
d. Applicants must have suitable accommodation and community support in Sydney;
e. Applications must apply for the scholarship through www.aftt.edu.au
a. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of:
- acceptance into an AFTT course through application, audition (for Acting), and interview;
- level of disadvantages, including financial, and as stated in eligibility criteria above;
b. The scholarship will be awarded upon recommendation by a selection committee of Student Admissions, Heads of Department, the Campus Manager and CEO.
a. The scholarship covers the full tuition fee for the Diploma only, valued at:
- $15,250 for VET Diploma; and
- $18,000 for the Higher Education Diploma
The scholarship amount may not be exchanged for any cash value
b. Deferral of the scholarship is not permitted without the prior permission of the Head of Department and Campus Manager;
c. The scholarship may be suspended under extenuating circumstances, including failure to comply with the Student Code of Conduct outlined in the Student Handbook https://www.aftt.edu.au/admissions/domestic-students/policies-and-procedures. Approval for suspension is on a case-by-case basis upon application to the Head of Department and approval by the Campus Manager;
d. AFTT reserves the right to not offer a scholarship within a given year;
e. No other amount is payable.
a. The recipient must achieve the minimum attendance requirements of 85%.
b. Participation in AFTT’s marketing campaigns, such as Open Days, Careers Expos, AFTT events etc
a. The scholarship will be terminated if the recipient:
I. withdraws from an eligible course or fails to enrol;
II. does not maintain satisfactory attendance requirements (85%);
III. does not maintain satisfactory academic performance;
IV. is determined by the Academy to be guilty of serious misconduct, including, but not limited to, having
provided false or misleading information as part of their scholarship application;
V. does not resume study at the end of a period of approved leave; or
VI. any other provision as indicated in these terms that would lead to termination.
b. Once the scholarship has been terminated, it will not be reinstated.