Entry requirements for International Students
Ready to apply? You must provide AFTT with the following:
- Proof of English proficiency: minimum IELTS 5.5 overall (with no single band score below 5.0) or equivalent. Please see English Language Requirements for more information.
- Evidence of successful completion of a senior Secondary School certificate or equivalent (transcripts and certificate must be translated and certified). Refer to our Entry Requirements by Country guide for more information.
- Attend an interview in person or via video call.
- You must be at least 18 years of age on commencement of studies.
- Acting applicants must undertake an audition. Audition videos/online links are accepted for applicants living overseas.
Applications will be accepted up until two weeks before the course commences, but please note that visa applications can take considerably longer than two weeks to process. Please contact the Australian Embassy in your home country for recommended timeframes for processing your visa application.
English language requirements are the same for all programs, at all study levels. You may meet the English language requirements in one of the three following ways:
English language test:
AFTT recognises IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge and Pearson English Test scores taken within two years prior to the start of AFTT studies:
IELTS: An overall score of 5.5 with no single band score below 5.0
TOEFL: iBT: 59 overall; minimum 17 in Writing
Pearson English Test (PTE): 46
Cambridge English Test: CAE with no band below 162
Language school pathway
AFTT recognises various Australian ELICOS providers’ Academic English courses. Applicants who have successfully completed one of AFTT’s Entry Pathway Partner’s English for Academic Purposes (or equivalent) courses to the required standard will be considered eligible without having to take an official language test. Other Australian pre-academic courses will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please refer to our English Language Requirements document for a list of Direct Entry Pathway Partners.
Please refer to the English Language Requirements document for a list of alternative ways to meet the requirement.