International fee schedule
International students must pay Semester 1 tuition fees before an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE) can be issued. For Semester 2, students must pay their tuition fees 14 days prior to the start date of the new semester.
Students who receive an offer of admission will also be provided with an invoice containing the following:
- First semester tuition fee
- Enrolment fee
- Quote for Overseas Student Health Cover
- Payment methods and bank details
Please note that the cost of textbooks and resource materials will be in addition to the tuition fees. For more information, download the international student fee schedule.
Refund policy conditions and processes
AFTT reserves the right to cancel or postpone any courses prior to their scheduled commencement dates, should it be necessary. In such circumstances, if the course is postponed by more than four weeks, and if a student is unable to enrol in a similar course at AFTT, all fees will be refunded.
Where a visa has not been received in time to start the course, the student must contact AFTT in writing and they will be offered another starting date without charge. Refund of the fees will only be granted in accordance with the refund policy set out below.
Full Fee Refund
AFTT will make a full refund of course fees paid in the following circumstances:
- Application for a student visa is unsuccessful. In this case AFTT reserves the right to retain registration charge of A$150. A request for refund in writing and proof of visa refusal from the Australian Government must be sent to AFTT upon visa refusal. In this case full refund of course tuition fees will be made within 28 days.
- If for any reason AFTT is unable to start delivery of the course on the agreed starting date or ceases to deliver the course before it is completed. In this case a full refund of course tuition fees paid will be made within 14 days of the specified starting date or from the time the course ceases to be delivered in accordance with the refund requirements of the ESOS Act 2000.
Partial Fee Refund
AFTT will make a partial refund of tuition fees in the following circumstances:
- If written notice of withdrawal is received more than 10 weeks before commencement of the course all fees are refundable, less the $150 application fee.
- If written notice of withdrawal is received between four and ten weeks before commencement of the course 70% of fees will be refunded.
- If written notice of withdrawal is received less than four weeks before commencement of the course 40% of fees will be refunded.
No Fee Refund
If written notice of withdrawal is received from a student after commencement of the course no refund will be applicable.
- Refunds for any monies received by AFTT on behalf of the student for services other than tuition fees must be requested from the company delivering the service and will be subject to the respective company’s refund policies.
- In the event that an extension to your student visa is not granted and the course has commenced a refund will not be issued if written notice is received after commencement date.
- In the event that the student seeks and is granted approval by AFTT to transfer to another provider prior to completion of six months study of the principal course, no refund of any course money paid in advance will be granted.
- In the event that your enrolment is cancelled because of infringement with the AFTT Disciplinary Policy or breach of student visa conditions, no refund of any course fees paid in advance will be granted.
AFTT has three (3) HE intakes for ACTING - February, May & September;
and two (2) VET intakes for FILM and THEATRE PRODUCTION - February & July.
2022 Intake dates:
ACTING | Bachelor | 14th February 2022
FILM | Diploma | 14th February 2022 - 25th November 2022
TP | Diploma | 14th February 2022 - 25th November 2022
FILM | Adv Dip | 21st March 2022 – 23rd December 2022
ACTING | Bachelor | 6th June 2022
FILM | Diploma | 4th July 2022 - 27th January 2023
ACTING | Bachelor | 26th September 2022