Entry into AFTT is based on:
• A completed application form (available electronically on the website or hard copy from the SA);
• An interview and/or an audition (audition required for acting only); and
• Minimum age of 18 at course commencement.
Applicants seeking placement at AFTT must have a proficiency in English and have satisfactorily completed:
• Year 12 in the Australian school system, OR
• Equivalent with a Senior Secondary Certificate pass in General English, OR
• A similar Qualification:
• Certificate III (or above) – for Diploma applicants, OR
• Certificate IV (or above) – for Bachelor program applicants, OR
• Diploma – for Advanced Diploma applicants, OR
• Be Over 21 years of age
*If you do not hold an HSC certificate or Year 12 equivalent, please contact the Student Admissions team to discuss entry alternatives.
International applicants must also be able to provide:
• Proof of English proficiency:
o For Film and Theatre Production applicants: Academic IELTS score of 5.5 with no band below 5.0, or equivalent.
o For Acting applicants: Academic IELTS band score of 6.0 with no band below 5.5 , or equivalent.
*International students are advised to refer to the International prospectus and contact the AFTT International Admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.